Who We Are
United in Harmony is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization that was established in 1989 as a response to homelessness and poverty facing children in our community. United in Harmony’s mission is to provide impoverished children with hope and opportunities. United in Harmony’s overnight-camp program (Camp Harmony) is designed to help children develop positive self-esteem and to thereby inspire and empower campers in their future endeavors. At Camp Harmony, children grow through interactions with teenage and adult role models while experiencing nature, exploring arts, sports, and an array of other enriching activities.
- All activities and programs are offered free of charge to needy children
- Needy children have attended United in Harmony programs from over 18 different agencies
- Camp Harmony reaches over 700 children a year
- Many needy campers return to Camp Harmony year after year
- 300 high school volunteer counselors sign up for Camp Harmony sessions annually
- Volunteer counselors attend from over 40 different high schools
- Over 100 volunteer counselors are part of United in Harmony’s Leadership Program (a post-camp program that enables counselors to maintain relationships with campers, through monthly engagements with various agencies throughout the year)
- Summer counselors have the opportunity to continue relationships formed with campers by applying to the Leadership program. Leadership meets twice monthly throughout the school year.
- All programs operate with a 100% volunteer work-force
- Eighty-Five cents of every dollar raised goes directly to providing programs, materials and necessities for the children we serve.